At One Stop we know that Rug Washing is just as important as regular Carpet Cleaning. Bacterias, allergens, pet dander, etc. are tracked through your home every day.
Your area rugs are a special part of your room design and as such they deserve special care. With a little regular maintenance your area rugs can provide years of enjoyment.
Rug Washing Plant
How do we wash area rugs?
At One Stop Cleaning LLC. we utilize different cleaning processes for each and every rug. We know that there are limitations to any cleaning process and that not all rugs can be cleaned exactly the same way.
Our In-Plant Rug Cleaning Service includes our very thorough Multi-Steps Cleaning Process to get maximum soil and spot removal.
Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying and the use of various tools that will allow us to provide you with the desired results.
In-Plant Rug Cleaning is recommended for Rugs that are heavily soiled or have Pet Accidents (Urine, Feces, Vomit, etc). They should not be cleaned on location like wall-to-wall carpet.
- Pre-Inspection – Our technician will will measure, inspect, tag your rug(s)
- Documentation – Our techs will identify and record potential permanent stains, discoloration, or damages. They will give you an evaluation of expected results, as well as listen to any concerns you may have
- Rug Dusting – As dust and soil builds up on your rug, it quickly begins the process of settling down into the base of the rug, through the pile fibers. A rug duster provides a technician with the ability to remove almost all loose pieces of dirt or dust from the rug prior to beginning the washing. Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are designed to hide dry soil. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back. This is the most important step in cleaning any textile.
- Spot Treatment & Fringe Preparation – Our techs will pretreat stains, spills, spots or flush out and neutralize urine stains, which will increase the chances of removal. The fringe will also be pretreated.
- Pre-Condition – Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
- Deep Clean – The area rug will get soaked and washed. We will use a powerful rotary machine to ensure a thorough cleaning.
- Rinse & Extract – The rug is then thoroughly rinsed using a hot water vacuum and powerful water extraction.
- Drying Process – Once thoroughly rinsed, the area rug gets dried through our rug spinner. The rug centrifuge is used for extracting over 90% of the water from wet rugs after only 90 seconds.
- Depending on the type of area rug, we will hang up the rug to dry on our drying rug platform, or lay the rug flat, face-up on our drying rug platform to allow proper air circulation. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage and wrinkling.
- Rug Grooming – The grooming is the act of using a carpet rake or a carpet brush to move carpet fiber back and forth. Our grooming process resets the fiber nap back to its original state and it speeds the dry time.
- Final Inspection – Before our technician wrap and prepare your rug(s) for delivery or pick up, they will inspect your rug(s) to ensure it is fully dried. Finally, your rug will be wrapped to protect it from dust and environmental soils until it is picked up or delivered.
Area Rug Packages
- General Rug Washing – Deep area rug cleaning, performed at our Plant. The rug(s) needs to be dropped off & picked up by the Customer.
- Deep Rug Washing with Pick up & Delivery – Our team will pick up & delivery the rug(s) from the customers door steps. The rug(s) need to be rolled and prepared for our crew to pick it up. At the time of the delivery, the team will leave it at the door steps. This is a deep cleaning performed at our Rug Cleaning Plant. It is recommended for Rugs that are heavily soiled, have NOT been cleaned in years, or have a bad odor.
- Deluxe Rug Washing wtihPick up & Delivery from the customer’s house. Our team will pick up the rug(s) from your house. We will gently roll it and pick it up from your house. At the time of the delivery, we will lay it down at the preferred location.
Rug Drying Spinner
Our Rug Centrifuge Will Solve These Problems:
- Browning of rugs (due to slow drying)
- Fringe Grooming (due to dirty water dripping from rug down to the fringes)
- Smelly rugs (due to urine and dirt left in rug and slow drying)
- Higher humidity in your drying room (due to water dripping from rugs)
- Dye running (due to fugitive dyes and pets urine)
- Slow turn around in your rug cleaning (due to longer wait for bringing the rugs down)
Our rug centrifuge will dramatically decrease the drying time of your fine rugs. It spins at 1400 PRMs, and within seconds, 90% of the water in your rug will be gone. This will allow us to deliver your rugs faster.
In the state of Virginia, there are just few rug spinners, and One Stop has one of them ready to serve you!
Area Rug Padding
It is a great idea to add some new padding for freshly washed rug! Usually, old padding is discarded once a rug is washed, since padding is typically not washed in any way and has a tendency to absorb and hold any spills or odors. Replacing your old padding with a clean, fresh section of new padding will eliminate the risk of contaminating your newly cleaned rug with old odors or trapped stains.
Benefits of adding a padding
- Adds Extra Cushioning – The cushioning provided by the padding makes it softer, more comfortable surface to walk, sit or lay on.
- Helps Prevent Slips And Falls – a rug with no padding is susceptible to sliding or bunching. The padding will help to hold the rug in place, which will prevent the edges of the rug from sliding or bunching up.
- Creates A Protective Barrier – if there is a spill on the rug, the padding will help to prevent the spill to seep through the area rug and damage the surface beneath the rug.
- More Effective Maintenance – Padding under the area rug will provide some spacing between the base of the rug and the floor which will help with airflow during the vacuuming process. This added airflow helps the vacuum work much more efficiently, which helps to remove as much debris as possible. The less debris at the base of the rug, the longer the fibers will last.
***Ask any of our team members about our padding and they would be happy to provide more information!